Private pool villas with a good beach location, at quite a low price
With 41 private pool villas, the Malisa Villa Suites Hotel had been one of the more luxurious and reliable resorts along Kata Beach, and a late-2012 renovation should go a long way to bringing its former glory back. In the 5-star category this resort delivers a lot more than you’d expect at these rates, and quite a number of disappointed guests leaving recent reviews show that the renovation is needed.
Each of the 41 villas is large and comes with a Jacuzzi tub in addition to a private pool. Features such as lending of iPads and laptops upon request are unusual in this price category. Once the renovation is complete, this might again be a great-value pool villa resort for Phuket. In the meantime, there might be better choices, if recent guest reviews are to be believed.
- Pool Villa Suites
- Family Pool Villa Suites
Special room features
- Private swimming pool
- Living room
- Dining area
- Master bedroom with king-size bed
- Private outdoor patio
- Open-air rain-shower area
- Private sunbath deck
- Jacuzzi bathtub and outdoor shower in a private courtyard
- Separate his and her bathrooms
- Remote-control air-conditioning
- Built-in closets
- 32” LCD TV
- DVD/CD player
- IDD telephone line
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Modern kitchen with fully stocked mini-bar
- In-room electronic safe-deposit box
- Electronic “Do Not Disturb” sign
- Personal iPods and notebook computers (free to use, upon request)
- High season online specials from US$266 per night
- Low season online specials from US$218 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Nanta Restaurant
The on-site spa features a wide variety of massages and pampering treatments.
Distance from Phuket International Airport
47 km / 29 miles – 55 minutes by car
What the reviews say
Reviews for the Malisa Villa Suites Hotel are more positive than negative, but not by much. Being honest, this resort seems to disappoint more guests than seems normal, so it’s good that it’s undergoing a major renovation in late 2012.
The rooms are large and mostly luxurious, according to reviews, but (at least before the update) they are also dated. The location gets some praise for being along one of the nicer beaches in all of Phuket. Room rates here seem quite low for all that is included, so that should explain why service and room conditions weren’t up to par recently.