A stylish 5-star resort in quiet north Patong with 4-star prices
With a quiet yet convenient location in the northern section of Patong Beach, the B-Lay Tong Phuket Resort is chic and artsy, appealing to those who like to be close to the action, but not too close. It’s across the road from the beach rather than on the beach, but it also has a lovely infinity-edge pool and gardens.
The rooms are all large and well appointed, with 7 different classes that range all the way up to the 2-bedroom Presidential Suite. In some systems it’s classified as 5 stars and 4 stars in other, so it’s not as ultra posh as some others, but the room rates are good value even compared to 4-star beach resorts in Patong, so it’s very good value.
- Rooms/suites/villas: 123
- Area: Patong Beach
- Category: 5-star
- Pool Front Deluxe
- Grand Deluxe with outdoor Jacuzzi
- Deluxe Suite – Designer suite with living room
- Spa Suite – Spa bed, pantry, outdoor Jacuzzi
- Executive Suite – Living room and indoor Jacuzzi
- Presidential Suite – 2 bedrooms, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis
Special room features
- Day bed corner
- Private balcony
- LCD TV
- ipod dock
- Rain shower
- Free Wi-Fi internet
- High season online specials from US$182 per night
- Low season online specials from US$104 per night
Restaurants and bars
- B-Restaurant – Beachfront dining
- 198 Lobby Bar – Stylish with sunset beach views
- Beat Club – Chic nightclub
- Drop Pool Bar
- Oyster Bar – Seafood with a beach view
- Room service
- Beachfront location
- Outdoor infinity pool
- Free Wi-Fi
Massages are available.
Distance from Phuket International Airport
40 km / 25 miles – 45 minutes by car
What the reviews say
Reviews of the B-Lay Tong Phuket Resort are very positive, with nearly all guests pointing out how stylish and attractive the hotel is. The location is also a very good feature as it’s quiet but also close enough to the heart of the Patong action.
The rooms are said to be large, and the pool area is kept spotlessly, so guests indicate that this is a very good value property. Considering that it’s at a 4-star price, it might be unfair to expect it to match a 5-star charging twice as much, so if you are set on ultra-luxury you might go elsewhere to find it.